Monday, April 6, 2009

Where does the time go?




I remember as if it was yesterday, moving into my first apartment as a wife yet it was 25 years ago. It seems like it was just yesterday when I gave birth to a little girl on Thanksgiving day, but it was 24 years ago. Was it not yesterday that I brought home a little girl to add to our family of three? No, it was 23 years ago. I clearly remember the look on Tommy's face when the doctor said, "You're having a boy". As clear as I can remember, it's hard to believe that was nearly 18 years ago. On April 25, our youngest child will be 18 years old. And we will soon have an empty nest! So I ask, Where did the time go? Eighteen years seem like a long time but it is actually a short time. So if you have children, treasure every moment...enjoy every laugh...and every conversation. Enjoy the days, months and years because they go quickly.

2 comments:

  1. Nancy I have to agree. Where did the time go. I can remember when Vanessa & Portia were little girls. They have grown up to be very beautiful young ladys. No TJ really grew up fast. You and Tommy has really did a very fine job as parents. Proud of the both of you.

    ReplyDelete